Sign in to follow this  
russed99

Speedo Drive

The bit that goes in the gearbox. MOT looms so need to get it sorted. 2.0 engine but i'm sure the 1.8's will be the same.

Thanks

Hows tricks Jon? Had it nearly a year now mate, 1st mot fast approaching. Couldn't keep away for long, you know how it is :luvlove: .

I need to stop being lazy and get a thread started in the members section, not sure it will be as epic as yours tho bud.

Doing alright matey, just finishing up Uni at the moment, then getting married in the summer! Haven't touched the car for about 2 years :/ eager to get on with it though,it's sat next to my brother's G60 on his drive :D

finding time to do work on a corrado is hard enough, but documenting it all aswell is almost impossible! get some pics up when you can :D

Russ, have you put a 2.0 8v or 16v in yours now? I think the 16v will have the electronic speedo sensor, as opposed to the mechanical one that my KR has.

I've put a 2 litre 16v in mate. Well, my mate did it for me this time after the near breakdown yours gave me. Lol.

Used the box off the 1.8 tho cos i knew it was a good one.

Sounds like a 9A engine then, unless it's the 2.0 from a Mk3 Golf (ABF I think?)

surely someone will know the answer. There are enough Corrado 2.0 16v owners on here who should know about their own car! :D

Yeah its a 9a Jon. Came out of a passat.

Don't really know where to go. Someone suggested vw, but do they keep any spares for our dinosaur cars anymore?

Sorry, being an idiot. If you're using the 1.8 box then it will of course be the same as mine, which is a mechanical drive.

They may still keep stock of them, all you can do is ask!

Else the speedo cables on ebay for mk2 golf should all fit (they're all mechanical). The one you want has a silver hex end where it screws into the gearbox.

That's cool :D sounds like a possible fix then! Good luck with the MOT.

If you need any parts, please please PM me! I have way too many at the mo.