Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

WTD: Broken late heater controls

WTD: Broken late heater controls.. only needed to butcher the middle cog, so this must be complete and working. Don't mind if 1-4 power switch doesn't work..

Cheers

Baz

Do you know the difference between the two? Im guessing the bowden cable is going to be set up the wrong way?

If you could get a pic from the back/ top of the unit that would be great.

Will also consider fully working unit but not for crazy money!

Cheers

Baz

Hey mate,

Got two broken late heater controls.

1) You could call this 'barely' broken. Was all working before removal but despite best efforts, a small section chipped off one of the grey arms which hold the cables. :bad-words:

2) Left over from a previous car that was broken, need to double check condition but hasn't been sold as working so can only assume something wasn't working before removal.

I'm sure one of them will be of use to you. Obviously want a little more for heater control no.1 apposed to no.2.

Let me know if your interested.

let me know price on both bud.. 2nd prob sounds better as i think it may be a broken arm on mine that needs replacing.

Slight development on these.

Used no.2 to fix no.1 over the weekend by replacing the broken arm for the tempature control.

So now have a complete fully working, extremely clean heater control set.

I'm affraid now I only have parts of no.2.

Which bits in particular do you need?

The white cover and green illumination piece are no good as they both broke on removal. (So fragile).

Have a couple of good arms left, a few cogs, various other illumination pieces etc...

let me know price on both bud.. 2nd prob sounds better as i think it may be a broken arm on mine that needs replacing.

Used no.2 to fix no.1 over the weekend by replacing the broken arm for the tempature control.

The white cover and green illumination piece are no good as they both broke on removal. (So fragile).

Have a couple of good arms left, a few cogs, various other illumination pieces etc...

Okay no worries, Ill pull the controls apart again and see if i can work out the exact problem and get back to you.

Cheers

Baz

Okay no worries, Ill pull the controls apart again and see if i can work out the exact problem and get back to you.

Cheers

Baz

No worries Baz.

A good clean and grease can make a world of difference to how they feel.

sorry to jump in but i need the arm part from the centre dial, it sits under the cog..?? will add picture later.

thanks andy

sorry to jump in but i need the arm part from the centre dial, it sits under the cog..?? will add picture later.

thanks andy

Im pretty sure thats the exact bit i need as the arm isnt pulling the cable enough for warm air to come through.

thanks andy

thanks andy

Im pretty sure thats the exact bit i need as the arm isnt pulling the cable enough for warm air to come through.

Will have a look later guys.

I have a funny feeling that this is piece I've used to fix a previous control set but will confirm later.

Obviously if I do have this piece and can remove it successfully then Baz takes priority as this is his wanted thread and I replied to him first.

Hope that is ok with you Andy.