Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Anyone going to PistonHeads Sunday Service? (30/1/11)

Just wondered if anyone on here has signed up for the Sunday Service at the Mini factory in Oxford? I saw a few Corrado's on the list of cars.. (only 3 Corrado's out of over 800 cars signed up to go..)

Not going for any love of Mini - just wanted a chance to ogle some nice cars, of which there should be plenty... :)

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... 5&t=948306

Cheers.

I'd love to go, but 175 miles each way is a touch further than I can be arsed to drive. Looks like a fun day out though.

I don't get the impression that they're all like that. And besides, it's not like I drive around in a Corrado rather than a TVR out of choice. There's a slight price discrepancy...

I've done a lot of PH events in the South & South West and nothing could be further from the truth. In fact if anything a lot of people take the poseurs with the exotic Italian stuff with a bit of a pinch of salt. The 911 owners also just admire each other and disappear up thier own arses, but then they do that at all shows.

But aside from that aside I've found the PH bunch to be great bunch of real enthusiasts. Good fun, up for a drive about (quickly), generous at the bar and genuinely interested in the variety of metal which attends PH events. Putting a Corrado into a PH meet always gets interest I find, because they're so rare now and a lot of petrolheads always thought about having one, but never had one, and the novelty of seeing one again kicks in.

"Blimey you don't see to many of these about anymore" is a comment I've had a few times, as is "bloody hell listen to that, what have you got under that bonnet?" is another. It never occurs to many enthusiasts outside the VW scene that a VR6 can make a noise like that. I enjoy educating them.

:D

Didn't the PH guys cancel an event last year though - due to how many VW's which of course includes Corrado's were down for attending ?

Certainly changed my views.

There are good and bad in every Club.

Didn't the PH guys cancel an event last year though - due to how many VW's which of course includes Corrado's were down for attending ?

Certainly changed my views.

There are good and bad in every Club.

The reason they scrapped it is because the event started to get advertised on a load of VW forums, and people who were not even members of PistonHeads were planning on just showing up without following the protocol (signing up on their register) to attend. Hence they decided to axe it to stop it from descending into chaos. Seemed fair enough to me!

I dropped out actually.. wasn't sure that my VR would be sorted by the weekend (new coilpack needed) and honestly the current price of petrol too sort of put me off as i'd done a few long drives in the last few weeks and the costs were racking up!

Will deffo go to the next one though as long as it's not miles away :)

Phew... glad I didn't miss meeting a few more people especially as the Mini plant is walking distance from me!

Sign in to follow this