sparkie06

BBS RS771 Will they fit my Rado?

Hey,

I have found a set of BBS Rs771 splits which the seller says that they are off a Mk 3 gti. The offset is 42 and wheel dimensions is 16 x 6 1/2J with 205/55/16 tyres. Will these fit on a Vr6 Rado without replacing tyres or any sort of modification? My suspension is standard :help:

no, tyres need to be 45 profile on 16s. offset is ok though, but is the bolt pattern 5x100 or were they using adaptors?

Hey,

I have found a set of BBS Rs771 splits which the seller says that they are off a Mk 3 gti. The offset is 42 and wheel dimensions is 16 x 6 1/2J with 205/55/16 tyres. Will these fit on a Vr6 Rado without replacing tyres or any sort of modification? My suspension is standard :help:

Sound like the Mk4 Golf wheels, the MK3 are 7j IIRC

You've just had this answered in the other thread, need 45 profile tyres and off set is a touch high too would benefit from spacers.

They are called RS despite looking like the split rim RX2

please dont ask questions twice... :? people have replied in one place and dont want to duplicate their effort. will remove your posts from the other thread

Yip, that's what I am looking at. What quality, cheers for the picture.I would be willing to replace the tyres but dont really want to use spacers. The RX one piece rims would be Ideal but haven't seen many around. I think that they would suit the Rado. BBS no longer do them in 5x100 if buying direct.

Just be a little patient a split rim set off the MK3 in 7" or RX do come up quite regularly at a fair price and fit fine

ah right, yes, those will fit fine. speedlines are 6.5" and ET43 so those being ET42 at the same width are basically just the same fit. would agree with gareth that a bit more spacing on both is never a bad thing though.

there arent many one piece rx's around in 16 or 17 no, if you do find them though the 16s are 7" and ET37, the 17s are 7.5 and ET35.