The_Dude

Reaching the limits of my patience (and wallet)

Thanks for all your replies fellas (and Wendy!). Well at least the brake problem has seemed to cure itself, but my MOT is due in a few weeks anyway so I'll get DG to have a look when it goes up there.

As for the paintwork, the thing is, its not that bad but if I don't do something about it this year it will definitely be approaching the state where its not worth it. The main problems I have are that its a metallic paint so its harder to get right for blending etc and just about every panel has some kind of dent, scrape or rust. Yes, even the sunroof has a dent in it! So by the time everything is remedied I may as go well for a full respray, which I cannot afford. Well I could if I credit carded it, but I'm reluctant to whang 4 grand on it as its spending money I don't have. The car isn't a daily so I feel bad that its sitting there slowly rotting away after having spent so much on the bits you can't see. So its looking like a reshell is on the cards, its just finding a knackered C with decent bodywork in a colour I want may be quite tough. Argh. Even the prospect of matt black is looking good atm, I might buy a bonnet and have a practice to see what kind of results I can get.

Hmmm...what to do...gonna put some feelers out soon, see what's out there.

With out being harsh bud to keep it you need to start getting your hands dirty, taking your car to kwick ccrap is not an option, start looking at various bits and pieces your self use the guys and girls on here everyone is willing to help offer advice etc etc you will get good and bad days with if bur it is rewarding when you fix something yourself and you realise how much you've saved and the knowledge you've gained......

Don't worry about it bud just get stuck in brakes are a piece of piss!! If I can do them anyone can!

that will sum up what I was going to write.

a lad on a local forum bought a 20v and ecu for his mk1 from my mate, and roped a load of people in to help do the conversion. I had never met the bloke before, but I got roped in and got stuck in. He himself admitted that he was useless with tools, but he promised limitless tea and fish and chips for lunch.

He did any donkey work we asked him to and was good to his word about the tea! he's now a good mate of mine and would do anything to help me out in return.

If you were closer to me I would be the first to say I'll help you out.

maybe you need to be thinking about organising a corrado forum weekend out! you supply the beer, the tea, somewhere to kip and in return your car gets renovated over a weekend!

i was going to suggest something pretty much identical until i read this.

i'm sure that even if it took a few weekends that we could get enough forum members to pull this off - Karl has already offered you a good shell.

seems to me like this would be the way forward.

if you're not getting grief from other parties and the corrado isn't causing emotional strain elsewhere then i would say it would be a damn shame to see all your efforts so far go to someone else - honestly i still regret that myself to this day, but my car had to go or my girlfriend/parents would have dis-owned me!