Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

ECP voltage regulator AVOID!!

while doing a few other bits on the car I bought a new voltage regulator as the brushes where quite worn and after a few miles this afternoon i noticed the wipers where quicker than normal and the indicators where flashing quickly, went back home and measured the output of the alternator and it seemed ok (about 14.3v), then this evening after about 5 miles the headlights got brighter, then very dim, then the stereo decided to turn itself off and fold away then it started missfiring and eventually cut out as i pulled into the petrol station, popped the bonnet to find thisvoltage reg.JPG[/attachment:3i123e40]

looks like a salvador dali regulator :brickwall:

luckily i hadnt thrown the old bosch regulator away so i phoned my dad and got him to drop it off for me, a quick bump start and it was fine.

i also ordered what i was told on the phone was a BERU rotor arm and what they sent me was a cheap crappy VEMO rotor arm that fits so badly it had about 4 degrees of slack in it, i really should stop buying non OEM components, nothing but trouble.