Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

g60 ..noise from head...dunno if its normal

ok when my g60 is running at idle it sounds very sweet and normal...if i rev it slightly while under the bonnet theres a slight ...erm rattle/clanky sound

its doesnt sound awfull...im wondering if its the tappets taking up the slack?? it deffinetly comes from the rocker cover area and its not the inj

im not sure if im just being picky..at idle the tappets are silent with no noise at start up....its just that 1000-1200 rev

it stops ....it only give a jingle when bliping the revs off idle and the releasing, if i raise to 1200 and keep it there it will only rattle/jingle when the revs pick up

it will do it eery time i give it a blip...it really does seem like the tappets are taking up some slack or something??

it stops ....it only give a jingle when bliping the revs off idle and the releasing, if i raise to 1200 and keep it there it will only rattle/jingle when the revs pick up

it will do it eery time i give it a blip...it really does seem like the tappets are taking up some slack or something??

hello there steve , check the spring on the tensioner strut i have seen a few of these rattling at this sort of rpm.

hth

Apparently it's fairly typical of the G60 engines.

Some of them develop a top-end rattle - mine's been doing it for 5 years, I checked it out at BRMotorsport and they told me it was fairly common but nothing to get concerned about.

Of course, without HEARING it on yours I can't be sure it's the same rattle :) But it's coming from the same place and the symptoms are identical :)