Sign in to follow this  
smudge

Seat Foam For Backrest Storm!

Hi,

I have just fitted the bolster thanks to the info from kevhaywire. I also need to replace the driverside foam that holds your sides (right to be exact) you know the bit that people dig their elbow into to get out. I ordered the part from the stealer (£71) nd it is not the right bit - they say they only have this part. The problem is the part VW supplied has back support built in (green fake horse hair stuff) that my Storm doesn't have. I have just got the faom surround and the back support is a flap of padded leather that rests on metal horizontal wire runners. Has anyone else had this problem.

Thanks

Smudge

mod edit........moving this into "inside your interior" section-vr6storm

Yes i had this problem the other week

The new back/elbow piece was in one part. What i did was removed cut the back rest part out and just used the shoulder elbow bit. Took me about an 1 1/2 hours to do the job the worst bit was removing the headrest mounts as you needed bloody small fingers to get them out to take off the seat cover.

thank woody always a bit unsure about cutting up expensive part. I will give it a go next week!

Smudge