ost

Putting my Corrado VR6 Storm up for sale and want Feed back please.

My name is Steve and I own a VW corrado VR6 Storm in classic green. Its completely unmodified and has only done 37,000 miles with 1 Previous owner, all electronics including sunroof and spoiler work. I also have a few spare parts and have owned the car for over 3 years now.The owner before looked after it very well and kept it garaged. Since buying it I have also looked after it very well and it was kept garaged until I moved and is now kept under a large car port and under a car cover. I am a member of the Corrado club of GB but it is down at the mo for maintenance so thought id put a post on here as I know allot of people on the corrado club are also on here. I am looking to sell my car but as it is such a good example I wanted to get peoples feed back and find out if anyone would be interested in buying it? and at what price it might be worth? Will get pics when I can.

Thanks.

Steve

Hi mate, sorry to hear you're thinking of selling- sounds like a cracker! Have moved it to General Car Chat, as it's not a proper For Sale ad as it stands. Here're the selling guidelines (which are in a link at the top of the For Sale pages):

FOR SALE GUIDELINES - Please Read Before Posting

Please note that when you place an advert for your items for sale, you must adhere to these rules:

•You MUST include a price.

•You cannot ask for "offers" or take bids.

•Please give as much information and where possible photos to aid the sale and reduce confusion.

•If a sale has been confirmed, you must not take any further offers.

•Once complete, you can close your own thread.

IMHO, if you're not in a hurry to sell, you could get around £5K, so long as it is in VERY good nick. Cars with this sort of mileage are becoming very rare now, and I'm sure there are people out there looking for low mileage Storms, who are willing to spend a little. Maybe worth waiting a couple of months until the weather's improved, the evenings are lighter etc, as winter's a terrible time to sell.

I think for a stock Storm with that sort of mileage if the cars good enough there will be no doubt some people prepared to pay a handsome premium. It may not sell instantly but marketed right it should bring very good money perhaps as much as 7 thousand but condition must be superb, but buyers at that price won't be easy to find but are out there.

A 37k storm! i would keep it! Sell something else if you need the money, kidneys fetch good prices on the black market i hear!

I think if the condition matches the mileage then the car will be worth a lot more than 5k, yes you will need someone who is after a car of this type and be prepared to pay for it...

Agreed that holding on until better weather will happen. Id maybe consider spending some money or maximising its condition, professional detail as an example and then go for it...

I agree that the car could fetch more than 5K with such low mileage if in good condition.

If you can get some pics up it will give us a better idea.

Ost

OSV

mr.ots

Are we allowed to post here if we're not in the club? :grin:

Extra info about car:

It’s completely unmodified and has only done 37,000 miles with 1 previous owner, it had done around 30,000 miles when I purchased it. All electronics including sunroof tilt and slide, spoiler, heated seats, electric and heated mirrors and original Sony cd player work. I also have a few spare parts including front grill, battery, and original number plate also a corrado tow bar (if wanted).

It has the original spare tyre, jack kit and first aid kit which are still sealed from manufacture and original warning triangle. The back seats have hardly been sat in and are in perfect condition. The drivers and passenger seats are also in almost new condition. The engine bay is in stunning condition for an M Reg car including the heat matting on underside of bonnet is in perfect condition. I Won’t lie there are a few stone chips on the car but none that are visible unless up very close and if you own a corrado then you will know unless you have had it re-sprayed or don’t drive it anywhere (which is a silly idea as it’s such a driver’s car) then it is almost impossible not to have stone chips on a car of this age and with this type of paint work. The original bbs storm alloy wheels are in good nick for age to. It has a full service history and a whole wallet of paperwork including original brochures from when it first went on sale.

That sounds like one hell of a car mate. Personally i would keep it, but if you do sell it dont let it go for silly money!

I would put it at about 7k maybe more as you just dont see them in that sort of condition!

Definitely worth more than 5k. VR6s with low mileage, in excellent condition are very rare. I'd put it up for 7-8k and be prepared for a bit of a wait but someone who wants something a little special will be prepared to spend that much. There is plenty of tat out there for 3.5k and your car will be worth far more than 1500 extra.

Matt

Just seen that your car is now on sale for 14k - Good on you! This sort of thing can only help raise the profile and values of the corrado. Best of luck mate!