Thom

Replacing/repairing fuel line unions

Hello,

I've changed my fuel filter today, but in my desparation to disconnect the lines from the old one, have managed to damage one of the union connectors. (The old filter had been put on with a torque gun and the bolts/washers had rusted into one!). The union is now not flat on the mating surface to the washer, filter side.

What I wanted to ask is, can I use any form of sealant on this to fill the (small) difference between surfaces? or, if not, how can I remove the old union and replace it?

I've read that to remove/replace them you have to heat the pipe to make it flexible, but I'm not sure this is such a grand idea so near to the fuel system.

I have looked at replacing the whole hose from the accumulator to the filter, but the nut onto the accumulator is also rusted solid and something will break if try and get that off.

Have tried the searches but this doesn't seem to be something that's been discussed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

don't mess with botches on the high pressure fuel lines, you need new lines or someone with the right tools and fittings to add an extension to your existing hose, cutting the old one back. The alloy washers do crush to create a seal but I wouldn't attempt to resurface the face of a banjo union if you've scored/mangled it.

There was an e-bay seller making hoses for the pump/acumulator etc as some parts may not be available from VW any more.