stu37

Gearbox worries....

Hi guys been a little while since I have had a post as uni and work have been crazy.

After a 200 mile trip the in the corrado over the weekend when slowing on a slip road I noticed a strange noise suspected from the gearbox...

On slowing in second gear this noise (not disimilar to a card in bicycle spokes in pattern but almost as if a bearing is suffering) appeared and immediately I went into full on diagnosis mode lol. I have tried the car in all gears and have given myself paranoia now!!

The car drives aok and this sound is noticable in second but not in the other gears, When under load the sound is stronger and also when the clutch is depressed the sound does not go but lessens. It only seems to make this sound on the move making me think its the gearbox.

The car has done 90k and is a VR and it has been cherished with the gearbox oil being changed twice in the last 20k.

I have racked my mind and because of its presence in second have ruled out inner cv's and clutch.

I really dont fancy losing the VR box but if she has to be changed then i will bite the bullit.

Does anyone also know if the Golf VR box has the same ratio's or is thier a prefered choice of box from a TDI?

Any help guys would be much appreciatted.

Edited by stu37