Fulltimejunglist

Wont start, buzzing at the fuse box/relays.

That is really unfortunate, I don't know what else to suggest, When you turn the key to the last turn before ignition do you hear the fuel pump buzzing and all the electrics come too life? What happens when you turn the key? try to describe it exactly!

The lights on the dash come on, i turn it mroe and it turns over, buzzing from the isv when i have it on the first notch i think, it pretty much sounds like it did when it worked, well started but just doesnt fire.

I had a starting problem before, hence me starting this thread, it used to start evrytime if i turned it over for a very short while, id say 5 seconds...

When it started it needed me to give it a bit of gas to keep it running or to get it running, then it would start and say id get to the petrol station and it started fine, id go backt to my car and itd just click (Once) then be silent, if i turned the key back and forth a few times it would work after many many times of turning the key. It sounded as if somehting wasnt engaging all the time but would occasionally, im pretty sure it was the starter motor as now it turns over instead of clicking and being silent but doesnt fire.

There seems to be a buzzing from the distributor when i am turning it over, its not the isv as this used to buzz anyway (Not sure if it should but ive heard thats fine)

Ive taken the dist cap off, it was pretty much clean, i gave it a clean, i cleaned up all wires from my battery and all contacts(Battery terminals, earth straps etc)

Could this be the coil pack?

The thing which started this really was my engine mount breaking, i changed into 3rd gear and heard a loud bang and my whole car shook as if i had just bottomed out on the floor for a second, this made the engine jump, hit the bonnet and put dents in it, ripped the wiring which i think is to the distributor, snapped the alternator, clip which holds the air box in place.

I didnt have a clue so some electrition looked at it and cut the positive to the coil pack then bodged it back together, which ive sorted.

He has abliterated the plug which connects to the distributor by cutting and then bodgin them back into the the old pins, which ive not changed but have sorted(All pins are connected)

In the end he changed the little box in the scuttle pannel which is connected to the ecu, then i got it back (It misfired)

Around two weeks ago i started it, it was running like s*** and cut out and now will not start again.

It does seem like a problem with fuel reaching the engine or something electrical not giving enough spark

Now it wont start at all, just turns over (I can smell fuel)

Cheers Rowan, any help is usefull as i need any help and advice i can get, thanks.

Aidan

Edited by Fulltimejunglist

Sounds like a real nightmare, I changed the coil on mine as the final thing before it sparked into life,

I think you could be looking at a lack of spark and around the dizzy, if your engine is a KR im sure mine didn't have an ISV but my ABF does, if you can take a few photos of your engine bay I might be able to help you,

If you can hear your fuel pump priming then i'm sure it is electrical and i'm sure its related to the timing of the spark, do you know that the dizzy can be adjusted for spark timing by loosening the bolts and then turning one way or the other, again make sure inside the dizzy has good electrical contacts. Try adjusting a bit and then cranking again, there is no point burning out the starter though so give it a little try and then try something else. If you are adjusting the dizzy be careful because occasionally you can get shocked, if your extra precautious you can loosen the battery clamp on 1 side, and disconnect as you adjust it.

Try that and get back to me!

Cheers for all the help mate, really useful, thanks.

I will get soe pictures up tomorow to let you see if you can spot my problem.

It is a kr, i will have a go at that and then retern a post to state my luck.

Thanks again Rowan.

I didnt know which bolt on the distributor adjusted it so i lift them all done up.

Looked as if i can twist it left to right a little on the mount if i undoo the bolts, not sure if this is what you wanted me to do...

My isv has been like that since i bought it, plastic clips with tape around them, they did seem fine.

And the other clips, white connectors was the only thing i had, but i figure if there connected thats fine, might look bodge but i was informed they would be fine.

p9180149.jpg

I have never known what this tube is suposed to go to or do...

Anyone let me know?

p9180148.jpg

p9180150.jpg

p9180152.jpg

All wires seem to be connected but let me know if those clips could be causing this please, i dont have any solder either...