scottydogwoof

Not so newbie :) Hello

Hello,

Newbie to the site but not to the car. I'v just aquired my second corrado after owning a g60 a good few years ago. I'm back an loving it after only a weekend of driving it lol. This time around i managed to get a nice cheap H reg 1.8i 16v in Tornado red. Black cloth interior. Not mint but great for the money. also had a respray so no pink paint work lol :)

Any thing i need to know or modify to help this old girl along. Also the air idle valve is disconected due to it being faulty so very lumpy when cold for around 2 min's after this seems fine. But if anyone knows they have an older spare one PM me. :)

Scott

Welcome! Have you tried cleaning the ISV? Might be worth a shot before shelling out...

With regard to tuning, the 16v responds well to a flowed head + a 2 litre bottom end (VW 9A or Audi 6A). Check out Davidwort's Gallery thread- his 1.816v is the best I've driven. This setup should see 165-180bhp. Also getting the warm up regulator modded and set up on a rolling road.

G60 front calipers are a must have + suspension is worth doing. You get what you pay for though- I'd go Weitec/KW/Koni, depending on budget.

Hey guys,

VR, Not cleaned this modual, any particular way to do it or just spray it out with some thing? I'v been told when ISV is plugged in it idles high all the time.

160bhp ish will be great tho lol, I loved the g60 so anything around there would work for me. Also i'm lead to belive the car sits on Koni damper/spring kit. feels good but i know camber and toe is out as i remeber it being totally neutral and the car in cambered in an toed out lol.

Is there a how to on warm up reg modds?

Hi and welcome,

check out the 16v section on Club GTI, lots of info on there, I know I'm recommending another forum :lol: but there's loads of info on there so would be silly to try to repeat it all here, the 1.8 responds well to a rolling road tune up, sort all the basic stuff like wheel alignment, plugs, leads, suspension bushes etc then pay for an hour on a rolling road and have the fuel pressure and ignition set to get the best from super unleaded fuel.

Most 1.8 16v cars will see a good 10 or more bhp over standard when set up like this, really worth the 60 or 70 quid.

WUR mod is nothing more than removing it, carefully drilling off the brass cap underneath and turning the allen screw inside it very slightly to alter the fuel control pressure, this effectively richens the mixture throughout the rev range and can be used to stop it leaning out at high revs, it might use a little more fuel but set right can find a good few hp at the top end, best done on the rollers though as it needs the idle CO and ignition set right at the same time to get the best result.

Edited by davidwort