Geo7087

Warm start issues...

Had a quick search but to no avail, heres a quick run down of the warm starting issue i have on my 1.8 16v KR Rado

Basically starts fine when cold, when warm after a drive trying to fire up again it really struggles, just wondering what the most likely cause would be, the dizzy cap and rotor arm were changed but ive also noticed my leads aren't in the best condition.

It's also been mentioned about temprature sensors? where would these be in my bay? I did previously have ignition switch issues but these i believe are now sorted

When trying to warm start the car just decided not to fire, eventually got it started with jump leads on another car after a few go's at firing so could this be a battery problem?

Any help appreciated :)

Hey I had this exact same problem, It started like a dream when cold but a nightmare while warm, I put it down to fuelling, as the dizzy rotor arm were all changed the ignition timing was set up bang on, so I decided to change all the injectors. What a difference the car now starts bang on ever time, I reckoned the injectors were leaking.

If your in doubt about changing them as they are £35 each just pull one out, have a loo,k mine looked well past there best

Hope this helps!

[

yeh as above, i had this on my valver caused by leaky injectors.

Right, so is there any way of cleaning up the injectors or is it simply get them replaced

also is there an easy way to identify which one/s are leaking?

i think they can be cleaned ultrasonically, but if they're approaching/ over 100k just buy new ones.

pull each one out in turn and have a look, or do a search for injector spray pattern as davidwort has a how to somewhere.

Ideal, luckily a friend of mine has a KR head kicking around, hoping if that still has injectors in it i can blag em for the time being... fringers crossed

Bumping this again, tried to fully charge my battery and woulnd't fully charge.... had an old battery kicking about that did so i've fitted that, unfortunately i can't test by driving as the car has the exhaust off for welding atm.

But could the battery be anything to do with it rather than injectors? bearing in mind that when we got the car started recently it was still a little warm and it only fired once it was jumped from a friends car....

This is a link to how to check the injectors. http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78232&p=907912&hilit=injector+flow+test#p907912 Unfortunately the 1.8 16v injectors can't be cleaned, they just wear out. Worth trying a known good battery for a couple of days though the tendancy would be for it to start easier with a warm engine if it was the battery. Another possibility is the injector seals which you could check while you're testing them.