Butterfly

'No' activity time out time scale

Hi,

I've found that if I take a few mins to browse some other site when I come back here I've been timed / logged out. The timescale in doing so seems to be very short.

Is this something that I can change on my own settings or is it the same for everyone?

(timed out while typing a fairly long pm but thankfully took a copy/paste of it before hitting send!!!)

Thanks J

It's not a forum setting - it should be several hours before any 'inactivity' kicks in. I would suggest it's something to do with your browser dropping the cookie for the site for some reason.

What browser are you using? I'd suggest, short term, trying something like Google Chrome to see if it isolates the problem as your browser. Assuming you're not already using Chrome! You strike me as an Internet Explorer type though :)

Eh!! err thanks.

I think I am using basic google. I'll see if I can change something some time but at the mo I am well overdue to get out and clean the car!!! :)

Lol ok I will try and make it more clear ....

What browser do you use to view the forum? Internet Explorer? Firefox? Google Chrome (nothing to do with Google as a search engine .... Google have their own web browser called Chrome) .... ? Safari?

You view web pages using, probably, one of the browsers above and I'd suggest it's that at fault. So install/try a different one and see if the problem goes away.