Graeme_Winter

Corroded fuel lines!!!

Hi all my 2.0 16v rado went in for MOT today and passed wahoo but I had a few advisories! One of which is the flfuel lines are very corroded!! Any 1 know if you can get these parts any more? If so where from? Iv took a few photos to show the damage!!

Cheers Graeme

I have a 2.0 16v fuel pump assembly from a breaker I would be willing to post you.I have no need for it.

Let me know which parts you want, all the lines are coming off it like an octopus at the mo.

Jon.

p.s. not sure if they're still available.

To be honest bud I think I might need the whole unit! Are the lines in better condition than mine in the photos?? How much u wanting for the whole lot?

Cheers Graeme

I'm pretty sure mine are less corroded. I'll try to dig out some photos.

Just send me postage and we'll call it even.

To be honest mine looked similar,took the whole assembley off and brushed it clean,very caefully. Used some rust removal stuff from halfords once clean then covered with protection and painted. Now looks really nice under the car plus I know it will last! Getting the whole lot off is a nightmare though,expect grazed knuckles and lots of swearing! J

i removed mine took down to company called pirtek((national company)) they made me up a new pipe same for £8 used same old banjo bolt etc just cleaned them up for me on brand new pipe....it is a pain in backside to remove due to age but get it caked in wd40 and just keep at it it will come off eventualy....or do what ive done before on a old mk2 was cut pipe in half it makes it easier to remove and then persist with the two ends attached the banjo bolt end was my pain but once pipe halfed i was able to get into it better and get it moving...but seriously you could even drive ur car to local place that does fuel lines and industrail pipes for hydrauclics etc...or failing that search the net as there is a bloke who makes them up new but charges about £100 if i remember correct ...hence reason i used pirtek or try a company like them its not a hard piece of pipe work to be made up...mines was also made with stainless flexi so could bend it anyway i like to fit beter than origanl

Replaced the pipe in the first picture last year, EKTA says part no.191-201-373 cant remember what I paid VW for it though

It was a pig to get off mind.

it is same pipe as mk2 golf 16v on kjet...as same set up underneath

also early mk2 8v's have same set up not the new'r dij mk2's ..