G60MAT

438 mile road trip! Back in a Satin Silver VR6 - OEM & Recaro content...

A small parcel of German goodness arrived today with the missing centre cap screw and centre cap tool, on the left is the new heater resistor too.

Azevbits006.jpg

Also went through the to do list yesterday and jobs for the next few days are

Fix Small Water Leak

Bleed Brakes = work great but still too much travel in the pedal

Adjust Coilovers = back down, front up slightly now they have settled

Fix Fan Heater = all settings working not just 4!

Fix Dash Lights by gear selector = needs new bulb and touch of soldering

Fix driver’s door handle = parts came yesterday from dave16v!

Laser Line = seems fine, but only done by eye so far

Fit steering wheel finally

Also planning ahead and picking up winter wheels on Friday night! ;)

Edited by G60MAT

Been keeping an eye out for some spare/winter/workshop wheels as have no spare wheels for the car. Had to be 17" and good quality so was thinking Audi TT Competition's, nice OEM wheel, but already had 2 sets on my previous Corrado, so went for a change but kept it in the family and picked these up today.

Genuine 2004 Audi A2 Sport 17x7" ET38 5x100 alloys all with 205/40/17 rubber. Two of the tyres are shot (I have a couple spare) and 2 are new Nexen N6000's. Absolutely filthy when I picked them up but after some Wonder Wheels action, they are clearly scuffed and scrapped but all straight and round!

AudiAlloys001.jpg

AudiAlloys002.jpg

Even got 16 genuine Audi bolts and 4 locking bolts, the only thing missing was one dust cap! Not bad for less than £100!

AudiAlloys007.jpg

AudiAlloys008.jpg

AudiAlloys009.jpg

The plan was to leave as is, however a I keep looking at this pic... ;)

greycorrado.jpg

Edited by G60MAT

they are 18s Mat iirc

Yes indeed, but thought the 17"s would look similar without arch work etc... :)

It'll be interesting to see what they look like on the car, they look amazing on the grey car. I'm not really a fan of your current black wheels sorry.

Micra Stu :)

now I really must stop visiting this forum, the Corrado urge is growing ever stronger ;)

As the sun was shining, decided on an early finish today and get a few jobs done - fixed the small water leak on hose and fixed drivers door handle finally!

Had to get all the wheels off to bleed the brake again so adjusted the coilovers, car was looking slightly nose down so dropped the back slightly and checked the fronts were spot on.

CorradoTuning001.jpg

CorradoTuning002.jpg

Much happier with the brake pedal feel now, then fitted new resistor into heater and works perfectly, but still only on setting 4! :(

New bulb and a solder for the gear selector light.

CorradoTuning008.jpg

Need a refurb, but couldn't resist a quick try on the new winter wheels to see what they look like...

CorradoTuning003.jpg

CorradoTuning004.jpg

CorradoTuning005.jpg

CorradoTuning006.jpg

CorradoTuning007.jpg

Then finishing touch from this...

Workshop002.jpg

...to this with new Momo boss and Isotta wheel - we pleased, looks and feels great! :)

CorradoTuning010.jpg

Then final broken bulb change, oil top up and even pumped up the tyres! Think it might get a trip to office tomorrow now! ;)

Loving the winters, you going to keep them silver or change? I'd be tempted to go a little darker grey but not anthracite.

My wheels are due to arrive from Speedline Italy Wednesday - can't wait to join the 17" club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loving the winters, you going to keep them silver or change? I'd be tempted to go a little darker grey but not anthracite.

My wheels are due to arrive from Speedline Italy Wednesday - can't wait to join the 17" club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Pete, yeah good point could go a little darker as its a silver car, will have a think! Look forward to seeing yours later in the week! ;)

My only problem is I'm remoddelling my house and I'm skint so can't afford tyres at the moment haha. I'll have to do a mock up on a jack to see how they look until next month!

Well its all been quiet on the Corrado front front the last few weeks as its been on a 10 day tour of Scotland!

The trip by best mate and partner in crime on the car was Manchester – Edinburgh – Aviemore – Ullapool – Fort William via Applecross – Oban – Mull – Glen Coe – Glasgow – Manchester! Just over 1300 miles – the car was fantastic, didn’t miss a beat!

DSC05761.jpg

DSC05769a.jpg

DSC05822.jpg

DSC05969.jpg

DSC06031.jpg

DSC06135.jpg

DSC06165.jpg

DSC06381.jpg

Now time to start getting ready for Detailed on Sunday! ;)

Few from today's Detailed & Awesome Summer Bash...

Detailed108.jpg

Detailed109.jpg

Detailed110.jpg

Detailed111.jpg

Detailed112.jpg

Detailed113.jpg

Detailed130.jpg

Now a week to do a few more jobs before Tatton! ;)

Couple from yesterdays VW Festival at Harewood House...

VWFestival096.jpg

VWFestival104.jpg

VWFestival105.jpg

Sadly no new door handles with the post today, hopefully tomorrow! ;)

Edited by G60MAT

The drivers door handle was pretty poor when the car was picked up and the first repair didn't last too long so got these sorted yesterday, Passat B3 rear delocked handles in Satin Silver with locks sourced too.

Handles001.jpg

Looking good Matt, I keep looking at the Azev's, I kinda feel the black centres dont really do them justice, they probably look fine in the flesh but the centres just get lost in most of the pics :shrug:

Some cracking pics of your Scottish trip, did you drive to Tobermory when you were on Mull, that's some road!!

Looking good Matt, I keep looking at the Azev's, I kinda feel the black centres dont really do them justice, they probably look fine in the flesh but the centres just get lost in most of the pics :shrug:

Some cracking pics of your Scottish trip, did you drive to Tobermory when you were on Mull, that's some road!!

Hey Bill, the Azev's do indeed look better in the flesh! I think wheels on a sliver car are tricky as it can looked washed out hence going for the contrast. They were sourced as we bought the car, I wanted a split rim and period style wheel so I've been well pleased with them, I'll likely sell them on in the winter and have a change next season! In terms of the roadtrip, I was my best mate who did it, so I'll check with him! :)

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

can i have them please?

LOL, having thought about it... ...er no! ;)

A few from today's Peak VAG - High Peaks Low Dubs show near Buxton...

HighPeak061.jpg

HighPeak136.jpg

HighPeak137.jpg

Quality day out, nice chilled great show...