Andy G-iR

2l valver to vr6 rear mount?

gettin vr6 engine and gear box etc soon to replace my 2l, have heard sumthin bout havin to get a rear engine mount or sumthin anyone know anythin bout this or anythin else i need to know

haha i'm a lazy typer, but yea gettin all the coolin stuff ecu etc does it need to be the corrado vr6 subframe? cos the engine i'm gettin is comin from the mk4 4 motion?

yeah you'll need subframe and front cross member for the front mount too. Plus a bunch of other stuff like fuel pump and maybe even fuel tank. There's only one guy on here that went from 16v to VR but I think it was quite a ballache.

He used to be called r4-ge but I think he is Chris on this new forum.

In summary, it's a LOT of work. You'd be better off just buying a VR6 unless you know what you're doing.

Edited by boost monkey
This new forum is a sweaty ball sack :@

damn that sucks figured would be a fair bit of work but hopin wasnt gonna be too bad. runnin k-jet atm but its pretty ****ed, so other thing i been thinkin is swithchin over to carbs

quite a few people have done the 16v to vr conversion, me being one. It is a big job, but it can be done.

Rear engine subframe can be from a corrado or a golf (golf one needs slight modding), not sure about passats

Front subframe should be from a corrado, golf ones are different. not sure about passats

Full vr wiring loom for engine and fuse board

vr ECU

Cooling system inc pipes, relays etc etc

VR wishbones

vr hub carriers (which can have either

Vr drivshafts (could use 16v versions if hubs are modified.)

vr steering rack or just the vr rod ends

vr brakes as a strong suggestion (at the very least)

thats all i can think of for now.

What year car have you got and what year and car is the engine and gearbox from? This will decide what wiring work may be needed

I have a spare rear subframe from a golf already modified and with arb and wishbones. also have the vr steering rack.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

some bits you may need can be found here

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?55291-Summer-Clearout

Why not just replace the dead 16V engine with a less dead one?

am actually starin to think bout tryin to replace the kjet my knowledge isnt good enuf yet for a huge job. jus kinda hopin it is the kjet and not sumthin else. its kinda intermitent but when goes weird i either have no throttle or all of it, did discover if i unplug the cold start sensor it'll run but over fuels really bad and dont run that great :s

Google K Jetronic, loads of info out there as the system was used in loads of cars. If I remember right there's a setup guide on one of the Golf forums written by our own kevhaywire which takes you step by step. Maybe someone on here has a link.

Truthfully it sounds like you're quite spectacularly out of your depth. I'd take some time out and start doing a LOT of reading before you go anywhere near this sort of work!

are you sure you can't find a Bosch certified garage near you? I'm sure they'll know the K-Jet system, as it's pretty basic by today's standards.

cheers for the advice bout readin up was a lot simpler than i'd been lead to belive. got it sorted now was the warm up regulator needed a clean out, seems to all run fine now. jus gotta sort rest of the car