jamie_quiche

Help my speedo is jumping!!!!!

Hello all, Sorry i am new to this so unsure if i am posting in the correct place. I have a problem with my speedometer. The reading tends to jump around irratically and is not effected by speed revs etc, whatever speed i am doign it seems to have no relation to actual speed. Reading some others threads i cannot find anything similar. I can confirm that the speedo still seems to operate at the correct speed so doubt it's the VSS, CAn anyone advise, or as anyone come across this problem??

Regards

Could be a loose earth. There is an 'earth wheel' tucked under the dash on the inner driver's wing. Make sure everything's connected securely + the plug at the back of the clocks.

Hello chaps, Thanks for the response. I'll check that out over the weekend.

Oh by the way, I have a 1994 VR6.

Edited by jamie_quiche

ok, late spec corrado so it uses the pulse signals sent from the gearbox to show road speed. check as CazzaVr suggests, if still no luck, disconnect the sensor from the gearbox (not the wire) and get someone to whatch the speedo as you use a drill to spin the rotating spigot. if all looks good on the dash it could be the gear box (unlikely) otherwise this part needs replacing...

th_DSC_3869.jpg