jakegti

oil pressure buzzer on vr6

im selling my car at the moment and whilst out on a test drive the light and buzzer came on. After reading this link - http://vincewaldon.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=28

it states that the low oil pressure sensor IS NOT connected to the buzzer, and only the light. The high oil pressure sensor is connected to both. Would this be correct? If so, what would be the cause of the buzzer coming on?

I had been driving the car pretty hard and got the oil temp to around 110, the guy then got in and drove it but he was taking it really steady which was when the light came on.

no one have any ideas? i can go on one forum and someone will say the low pressure switch is connected to the buzzer aswell. it has come on once since i took the guy out but the engine sounds fine. The oil is clean and the levels are good.

from what i've read the light comes on below 1 bar, buzzer comes on below .4bar.

does the light and buzzer randomly come on yours aswell mate?

Ive had a look and there is oil around the senders. maybe i should have replaced these when i had the front end off because it doesnt look easy