scimdarren

Newbie from Manitoba, Canada

Hey All,

My son and I have just acquired a 1990 fixer upper. It will be my sons first car and a learning experience for us together.

I am originally from UK now living in Canada, I loved my Mk2 Scirocco GTX and always aspired to Corrado ownership!

It is a G60 with a reported blown bottom end. The initial satisfaction for us will be to get it roadworthy for minimal expense,

So I guess our first question is, based on our goals what path should I take:

1)Discard the supercharged engine and replace with another VW engine

2)Salvage the G60 engine.

Thanks

Darren

Welcome to the forum, sounds like a pretty cool story :)

I never thought I would say this :lol: but it would be a shame to see a G60 engine discarded unless it was a wreck. You can stick alternative/modern engines in them but I think it will kill a lot of the character a G60 has to be honest.

Welcome to the forum, sounds like a pretty cool story :)

I never thought I would say this :lol: but it would be a shame to see a G60 engine discarded unless it was a wreck. You can stick alternative/modern engines in them but I think it will kill a lot of the character a G60 has to be honest.

This was very spontaneous:o, I saw it advertised at 3pm, gave it a quick inspection, saw my sons reaction to this cool first car and we made a deal!

Yes it's pretty nasty, but it didnt cost us much.

So I would be up for saving the G60, providing underneath the supercharger is a pretty basic engine? Because we are on a 'school leavers' budget, we would even contemplate putting a standard engine from a Jetta into it just to get her running and maybe in the future fully restore her with the G60

Darren