Sign in to follow this  
bigben

18.16V

With £250 to spend is there and engine mod worht doing??

i already have a full system and induction kit

Ive done the exhaust cam as inlet trick.this coupled with a 50mm inlet manifold and full stainless exhaust is brilliant! Stealth can tune the standard 139bhp to 150bhp without any parts.just a tune up

Hmm, this is getting me thinking now, never reaaly considered touching the engine at all til now! So, do you just fit an exhaust cam in place of the inlet (i.e two 'exhaust' cams fitted), is there no downside to that at all, do you have to adjust the engine settings at all? Is the 50mm manifold better for lower revs range, or across the board better than the 45mm? Finally, where are Stealth, and could no-one else locally (Norwich) do the same work, perhaps a Bosch Ignition agent?

Mark

Ive done the exhaust cam as inlet trick.this coupled with a 50mm inlet manifold and full stainless exhaust is brilliant! Stealth can tune the standard 139bhp to 150bhp without any parts.just a tune up

do you have a dynoplot from stealth for this?, would be interesting to compare it to a standard 16v 1.8 plot or other plots with schrick/piper/kent cams.

David.

How much do stealths charge for a tune up then??

I think you're looking at around 50 quid an hour for a rolling road tuning session, a couple of hours is generally needed to try different settings of ignition advance and mixture and to diagnose any problem components.

Good bet is to get the car on the rollers on a forum or club day and if something looks problematic then book it in for a longer tuning session.

David.

Ok cheers David, good idea, think Jedi was organising a session at PTS in luton, see what happens..

Hows your car coming along?

Hmm, this is getting me thinking now, never reaaly considered touching the engine at all til now! So, do you just fit an exhaust cam in place of the inlet (i.e two 'exhaust' cams fitted), is there no downside to that at all, do you have to adjust the engine settings at all? Is the 50mm manifold better for lower revs range, or across the board better than the 45mm? Finally, where are Stealth, and could no-one else locally (Norwich) do the same work, perhaps a Bosch Ignition agent?

Mark

Vince at Scole Engineering could do this kind of thing for you. Not that far to Diss..

50mm mainfold is better for top end which will mean a loss lower down. I would have the cam first.

I had one in my Corrado a while ago, It went pretty well. A good boost on the motorway as you didn't need to change to 4th at 70 to get any acceleration.

Gavin