Sign in to follow this  
Adam Darby

exhaust cam as inlet cam

ive just read about this on the web ive got a spear engine for my corrado heard somthing about fitting an exhaust cam in replacement of the inlet cam. is this true, is it a straight swap and where does it improve the engine.

my car i a 1.8 16v Corrado

Adam, go to http://www.vwvortex.com and do a search. There is quite bit on there about how to do the exhaust cam trick. you need to cut off the pulley drive and then re-time it correctly.

Vince at Stealth has the fixed pullies in stock usually. You could send him a cam and have him mod it and send it back. Or like me, call in and swap it out in the car park on a friday afternoon. :lol:

Gavin

I done mine at the weekend.You need to get another exhaust cam,cut the pulley off,then have a pulley machined! Vince at stealth charges £70 for the pulley,i can get you one for £25

If you need anymore advice you can always call me 07746912958

Right ive had a chat with my mate that machines the pulleys and he can do them for £30 delivered so if any 1 is interested pm me