delfinis38

whats it worth....

No I'm not selling. so i'm not after a silly rock bottom figure... I'm talking about what's it worth in terms of agreed value insurance.... just wondering if i've under or over estimated a figure....

manual corrado vr6 on an 'n' plate, 2 owners, i purchased it with 5k on the clock in 1997, now has just over 40K. FSH, black leather, air-con, totally standard, colour aqua blue met.

well the usual thing with insurance companies is an argument about what you can currently obtain an equivalent vehicle for, usually involving sample adverts to prove what is out there for the money versus any book prices they have, very difficult as yours is such low mileage, so I'd roughly guess-timate around the 4-5 grand mark.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

£10k - 12k

eh?! how does that work?

well the usual thing with insurance companies is an argument about what you can currently obtain an equivalent vehicle for, usually involving sample adverts to prove what is out there for the money versus any book prices they have, very difficult as yours is such low mileage, so I'd roughly guess-timate around the 4-5 grand mark.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

eh?! how does that work?

Agreed value is different than a general market valuation and applies to cars of genuine merit and must be demonstrated as such to the insurers satisfaction.

Hehe. I tell the insurance company mine is worth about 1500 quid...it's true tho!