tipprado

Newbie with 2.0l 16v, and no dip beam or clocks

My dip beam has completely deserted me, still have parks and main beam. Also the Rev counter and speedometer stopped last night, any clues, all fuses in good order

Hello, i'm very new to corrado ownership but every car i looked at had some kind of upgrade/bodge when it came to the lights.

If its done correct you should have a relay or two next to your battery so check them out, if not then pull the light switch out from the dash and check the wires haven't melted or the switch has failed.

Yeah,, mine would seem to have had the same job done so. extra relay fitted on passenger side hearlight. Thinking now towards you suggestion of the switch or stalk failure. clocks are a bigger issue at the moment

Its been a while but if my memory is correct the old scirocco and mk1 golfs used the same live feed for the clocks and the light switch. Don't know about the corrado but as it needs the same relay upgrade as the older cars it could be the same. I could be wrong here but it would be a good start.

Hey there is a high chance a upgraded wiring loom was fitted to your headlights as the corrado headlights while standard don't get the full 12 volts and are pants. The way to find out is if there is a couple of relays behind your passenger side headlight, if there is then there should also be fuses. Now speaking from experience I have had hell with these things due to the water getting into the fuses and the relays. this could be your problem. So check them if in doudt swop the relays to see if one is faulty.