Twiss

Abf engine loom ?

I am looking at getting my C converted to 'EFi I have searched the forum and have found that I have to main choices for my setup either go digi 1 if I ever go down the route of charging it or get the ABf system and fit that which is what I think I would do as I'm not likekly to go turbo'ing it any time soon.

So My question is apart from the engine loom and ecu fromma mk3 golf what else do I need to fit it to my Corrado?

and does any one know if this could be a job that be done at home or get a garage to do it?

if it is a case of a garage job, can any anyone recommend one?

My car is a 1990 spec Corrado

with these modifcations

2l Head and block from a audi 80 Engine code 6a, all ancillary's taken from Kr engine

KR inlet cam

SS exhaust system

KN panel filter

Thanks to all

Vaughn

Not sure exactly tbh though there is a guy on the GolfGTIforum on the IOW who has done at least one ABF conversion into a MK2 if that helps?

For Digi 3 on the ABF, I would have thought you'd also at least need the airbox, MAF, injectors, fuel rail, FPR, re-route fuel pipes, etc? You'd also need to think about the ECU sensors would get their info from - you'd have to splice in the 6a temp sender, add a lambda (I assume the 6a doesn't have one) and I'm not sure what the ABF uses in the way of throttle position sensors (throttle body/inlet manifold required?) or cam/crank position sensors?

The good news is that both the Corrado and MK3 ran CE2.

I've never had experience with Digi 1, all I know is that it's the grown up version of Digi 2 used on the 8v MK2s.