Sam.l

Denied indicator action!

A quick question, half way through my C's mot the indicators and hazard lights decided that they wanted to die. Checked the fuses and they are good. Is there a relay for the indicators and if so which one? And does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Early relay is a 19, later one 99. The 99 can be used in early cars and gives you the variable intermittent wipe.

Great thanks wullie, I'll have a look when I get home. Do you know where these relays are available? Or is it a dealer only bit? If they still do them I guess. What do you mean by the variable intermittent wipe on the 99 relay? As mine is a '91 I guess it'll be the 19.

Thanks.

I get mine from the local scrapyard £1 or slip it in your pocket (oops, did I say that?). Most of the VW/Audi range. When you put on the intermittent wipe it normallly just wipes at a preset interval. Switch it off again, wait the required time and switch back on. The interval will now be set to the wipe interval you left it off for. I usually switch off, wait till the rain annoys me and put it back on again, job done. Is Wales as wet as it is here?

Apologies for my ignorance here, but are talking about the windscreen wipers? As it is the indicators and hazard lights that have ceased to work on the car, not those. But yes, Wales is probably as wet, if not wetter than where you are ha.

Not your ignorance but rather my braindeadness. Whay I havered on about wipers when the heading was indicators I just don't know. The indicator relay is 21, top row far right I think. Still if you are in there looking and the wiper relay is a 19 it's worth changing for the 99 anyway.

I think I'll go and book a room at work, it's an Alzheimers Special Unit!

Hahaha, for a minute there I thought maybe I was getting a little too easily confused. Ah ok, will check the appropriate relay for the indicators and then the wipers as this 99 sounds better. Will see how lucky I am at the scrappy, or failing that, is it something that GSF or the like will do?

Don't really know, never bought one. The only one I ever changed was the wiper one and I got it from you know where.

Glad to be of assistance. Did you go to a dealer or "find" one ;) My only worry now is if someone asks about a gearbox problem I tell them they should get new brake pads. Indicators, wipers, well they're worked by stalks.

Right, rather than start a new thread I hope someone can answer it on here. My indicators have ceased flashing altogether now and just stay on when you flip the indicator stalk. Any suggestions or advice please! I understand there is a relay for the flashing of the indicators, can anyone tell me which one? Any help appreciated. Thanks peeps.