panderoo

ABS help required please....

ok i have ABS problems on my 1995 20v corrado and really need to get it fixed or remove the lot so i can get myself an MOT.

i would sooner get it fixed, but if it goes on much longer not working om just going to rip it out.

The ABS light does nothing, i have changed the bulb and still nothing ( this is my best guess at the problem, but i might be wrong )

i have tried to scan the ABS ECU with Vagcom and i get no response from the controller ??? ( this could be my cheap ebay vagcom ) bit of a problem but cant drive anywhere to get someone else to test as i have no MOT or tax.. doh

i have checked both the ABS fuses and both are good, also have removed Relays 79 and 179 both click with power accross terminal 85 & 86 and when removing the 179 relay i got the screwdriver accross the terminals and the ABS pump fired ( so i assume the pump is good ?!?!)

when i turn the ignition the relays click and i get a buzzing noise from the ABS ECU ( not sure if this is supposed to make any noise but it does and again as it makes noise i assume its working.) i have checked the ECU for signs of corrosion but there are none.

Now my best guess in the absence of vagcom is that the ABS light is causing the problems as all the other bits ( relays / ecu and fuses ) all seem to function but this is a total guess and i might be way off the mark.

anyone shed any light or should i just give up and tear the silly stupid lot out ??

Try scanning again but changing the latency settings on the USB port by going to computer under control panel > system > Device manager. Change it to about 5.

Can you check whether the pins in the back of the abs light are getting power when you turn the key? Could just be a duff light module.