g60ian

G60 poor performance now wont start,help please!

hi guys,bought a g60 last week and by the time i got back home about 30 miles i noticed it wasnt revving well,next day tried to check the charger on the mfa and as soon as i gave it some welly it died on me like no fuel getting in,it ran about half a mile before finally dying,now wont start,plenty of fuel getting to the rail and nice spark at plug,ive checked for voltage at the rail and im getting 8.5v steady while cranking,is that right?also checked the timing marks as ive heard of crank pulley problems and the cam,rotor arm and flywheel marks are bob on but the mark on the crank pulley is about 11 oclock and not straight up,how can that be??oh and plugs were dry when removed so im assuming injectors aint opening,any ideas guys

8.5v is a bit low but considering that your cranking thats normal.what state is your battery in?a dead cell could cause low voltage causeing injectors not to open fully,leaning out.

could very well be your cam/crank timing is out.there is a guide on this fourm to check it.think its a sticky.

How did you check the ignition timing? you need a timing gun for that

cheers guys,ive ordered a new relay for the ecu,would i still get voltage at the fuel rail and a spark if the ecu relay was faulty? and pump relay is good as there is plenty of fuel up to the rail,will try another battery just to eliminate it and maybe have a look at the pulley,

quick update,had a look at the cam,crank timing tonight and it appears that the crank bolt has been put through the pulley!then tightened down is this even possible? i cant get the pulley off to get at the lower cover or cam belt,this cant be right is it? my 8v gti had a similar set up but the big pulley was held on by the 4 6mm allen bolts,anyone advise please

quick update,had a look at the cam,crank timing tonight and it appears that the crank bolt has been put through the pulley!then tightened down is this even possible? i cant get the pulley off to get at the lower cover or cam belt,this cant be right is it? my 8v gti had a similar set up but the big pulley was held on by the 4 6mm allen bolts,anyone advise please

sorry dude but youve confused the hell out of me! The crank pulley is held to the crank with one 12 point bolt,look at the stickies because these have been known to work loose causing keyway damage and worse

The vibration damper is attached to the pulley via four allen key bolts

sorry dude but youve confused the hell out of me! The crank pulley is held to the crank with one 12 point bolt,look at the stickies because these have been known to work loose causing keyway damage and worse

The vibration damper is attached to the pulley via four allen key bolts

yeah im confused too,all that came off with the 4 bolts out was the power steering belt pulley and the centre of the vibration damper,the pulley for the big belt is still attached via the 19mm bolt?? and its not just tight its def held on with it,think im getting to the bottom of this now just need to get a 12 point socket for the bolt and see whats in behind