emu

BT Hub and 2 wireless laptop connection Faults :(

Since my girl decided to rid off the desktop and buy a laptop we have a nightmare with wireless connection. When one laptop is connected everything is fine, since 2 are working wireless connection is lost and I have to reset a hub. Both laptops are same brand. I'm not a rookie in IT and tried to switch wireless channels but nothing helps. Sometimes connection is broken after few hours of work sometimes few times in 10 minutes. Anybody experience same problem ??

What are the solutions ??

Don't know too much about wireless, but I do know it has a mind of its own...

I used to get this on my first ever wireless setup - two computers tried to connect with the same IP address (even though the router was set up to assign IP addresses automatically), so I always got connection problems when both computers were on.

I imagine things have moved on since those dark old days though!

If you go into advanced settings on the HomeHub, mines a 2, and choose Home network then Devices you can assign a fixed IP address for each laptop. Check that the two of them have different IP's then click in the "Always use this IP address button thingy. This will make sure they don't clash and may, or may not help.

Also probably worth checking on the laptops themselves that they have different IP's assigned when you've just experienced a crash (type cmd into the "run" box in the Windows menu, then type ipconfig to show the IP address).

If you go into advanced settings on the HomeHub, mines a 2, and choose Home network then Devices you can assign a fixed IP address for each laptop. Check that the two of them have different IP's then click in the "Always use this IP address button thingy. This will make sure they don't clash and may, or may not help.

Thanks, done, will see if helps, now can't make my Ethernet printer working, cant see any printer servers :(