domwells27

G60 running problems, now wont start

Hi

So get in the car today and noticed it sounded slightly different after starting up. Then I noticed it feels a bit limp whilst driving, bogging down from low revs and nearly cuts out when I put the clutch in, idles perfectly though once it recovers. When I pput my foot down in second theres just no acceleration. It felt normal yesterday and now today it wont play ball. I've had a quick look under the bonnet and:

HT leads and spark plugs are intact and tight

ECU hose is still attached to inlet manifold

boost hoses appear to be intact

No loose connections

After reading other posts it seems there might be a few things at fault. ECU relay, Blue temp sensor, ignition timing or worse the crank pulley wearing out/coming loose.

Anything else I should be looking for?

Cheers

Dom

Edited by domwells27

Little update. Went out in the car tonight, felt similar but got progressively worse until it just wouldn't rev at all. Then it cut out and I haven't been able to start it since.

RAC came out and checked it over. Its got fuel to the fuel rail, plenty of juice in the battery, got spark at the plugs and compression on all 4 cylinders. Anything else that would stop it starting?

It looks like the crank pulley is wobbling a little bit (unless its my imagination), but the crank pulley is driving the crank belt and cam sprocket so can the bolt have sheared?

Cheers

Edited by domwells27

Line up the timing mark on the flywheel then compare the position of the timing marks on the timing cover and pulley. They should pretty much be the same. If they are out it's probably a good idea to whip the crank pulley off and have a look.