Sign in to follow this  
jamesd

g60 Super Charger

Hi,

Does anyone have any info for me on RS2 charger for a G60?

Also have anyone heard of a company in Germany called volksport high perfomance that do charger work?

RS2 can mean anything. There is no LOL .. how shall we put it 'industry spec' that claify's what degree of porting is named as what. From what i can gather from chargers that have been previously rebuilt in Germany to 'RS2' spec, and have then rebuilt ourselfs at a later date, is that the openings to the top chambers have been removed and the openings to the back chambers opened up with the flashing of the outlet taken away but not enlarged. Not a substantial amount of porting by UK standerds. There are some charger that also have the RS label that have 3 of the exit support legs removed!! Avoid buying these, they have no structural strength and are a time bomb waiting to happen. In saying that they were a passing phase that SLS had, this came to a end after a few failed. Fortunatly this most companys avoid doing this and the ones that have been ported to this spec have already failed.

You may want to contact 'LowG' of G-tuned (PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE THIS WITH MY COLLEUGE DARREN OF G-WERKS, TO CLAFIFY NOTHING TO DO WITH G-TUNED, AS A FEW PEOPLE HAVE CONFUSED THE TWO) on this forum. He has RS2 chargers advertised for sales, so I can only assume he can knows the full spec of the units he is selling and what porting has been done to gain the title RS2.

Thanks for the above advise - The car I was looking at had a Rs2 spec-ed charger and I now have decided against it as I do not want to take the risk on it.

RS2 is a term tuners in germany and some in UK use to present a fully ported flown charger, this includes the ported casing, exhaust outlet bore increased to match the rsr outlet, exhaust fins smoothed to increase flow of air,all this porting is done in a very delicate way by paying atention to little details. This optimizes boost from a stock charger as it flows better, charger works less to achieve same amount of boost a standart would produce. Also very important are the parts that tuners use to rebuilt these chargers, some companies charge and arm and leg & skim and use low quality bearings,strips and oil seals which leads to a need for rebuilt sooner than quoted by the tuners and can bring all sorts of trouble incuding loos of boost and a blown charger. We at G-tuned only use the best quality parts VW approved for all rebuilts and tuned chargers. :)

rgds

Hi,

Does anyone have any info for me on RS2 charger for a G60?

Also have anyone heard of a company in Germany called volksport high perfomance that do charger work?

Yes, I have bought a charger from Thomas. He is a really nice chap. I bought a RS spec (still with 6 fins) charger of him. Ported the outlet slightly, and did some minor cleaning up, and it now produces 0,95 bar boost on the standard 78 mm pulley. On a std Golf G60 btw.

I can really recomend him