G60  CS

Central locking problem

My cars been off the road a long time having a makeover. Got it out for MOT the other day and found my central locking no longer works :( I've checked the fuse above the fuse box, that was ok and I heard a click from the pump area when I reseated the fuse. When I lock the drivers door with the key nothing else locks, any ideas ?

********Update********

After re seating the fuse the central locking now works intermittantly but frequently after locking it will unlock itself. The car has a Cobra alarm which is supposed to operate the central locking from the key fob but when I press the button the little led works on the fob but it does not lock or unlock the car

The fob not working may be down to the battery being almost dead. Try replacing it. Not sure if aftermarket alarms work the same as factory fobs but when you do change the battery in the fob need to do it quickly otherwise you will need to sync/program the fob to the car.

The central locking workis intermittantly from the key on the drivers door and pretty much everytime it locks it immediatly unlocks could the intermittant operation be down to a faulty switch on the door handle ? As for the alarm fob Ive decided to get the current alarm ripped out and replaced

Hows your car battery? when my battery was low the central locking would unlock itself after walking away from the car... was very annoying!

you still got the original vacuum system? It maybe the pump on the way out too.

Hi the battery's a new Bosch silver and yes still the original vacum system. I'm thinking I have 2 problems, I think the intermittant action of the central locking is down to the door handle and the lock unlock problem may be an actuator needs adjusting ?

You could always take off the door handle and look at the cabling coming off it to see how it looks and the connection. I have a replacement handle It that helps but you'll need to replace the barrel and the striker pin from your working handle.

you could have it for the price of postage ;)