harryc

Central locking and electric windows just died

Its p!ssing down with rain outside so i dont want to start pulling all the fuses and checking relays. Having been working fine and never been an issue suddenly both windows and central locking have died. There is no solenoid noise from the electric windows, they are literally dead. Same story with the central locking... Trying to sell the car this week, bloody typical!

Is this more than likely a fuse? Im at my girlfriends with no tools so hoping its just burnt one out. It is very wet outside..

Fuse 4 - 15 amp (blue) C/Locking

Fuse 14 - 10 amp (red) Windows

Fuse 52 - 20 amp (yellow) C/Locking & Windows [located up above the two rows of relays]

If any pops again.... you've got water in door motors or the rear right quarter panel sill where the window controller is.

Edited by RW1

ARe they likely to have all blown simultaneously? I was in the car and windows were fine, started it again 5 mins later and suddenly no windows and no central locking!

I think no. 52 is most likely as its common to both Windows and Locking. I've just given you all the circuit's fuses.

Alright Harry, how did the degree turn out?

There's a controller unit behind the OSR door card. It controls both the central locking and the electric windows. If you have no luck with the fuses and relays, this should definitely be your next point of contact. Pull the doorcard off and you'll see it right in front of you :-)

Ah, it has white display lettering in the MFD. The centre rectangle information display between the speedo & rev counter.

If it was a red MFD display lettering........ the windows go up and down when ever it rains or you wash the car. So you would have felt at home given the Corrado is grumbling cos you should be keeping it!

Fixed it?

Alright Harry, how did the degree turn out?

There's a controller unit behind the OSR door card. It controls both the central locking and the electric windows. If you have no luck with the fuses and relays, this should definitely be your next point of contact. Pull the doorcard off and you'll see it right in front of you :-)

Ended up with a 2:1 (by 0.1%!!!) How did you get on? Thanks will definately have a look if the fuses aren't to blame.

Ah, it has white display lettering in the MFD. The centre rectangle information display between the speedo & rev counter.

If it was a red MFD display lettering........ the windows go up and down when ever it rains or you wash the car. So you would have felt at home given the Corrado is grumbling cos you should be keeping it!

Fixed it?

Ha! Would go nuts if that happened in the new rocco! Havnt had a real chance, had a brief dig about but couldnt locate the fuses above the relays whilst in the drivers seat.

Im slightly worried that the cause is the eastern european car wash i took it to yesterday. They seem to enjoy blasting the car from an inch away with several pressure washers ata atime, they gave one of the alloys a proper battering! Im thinking they may have forced water through seals and into the bodywork..

had a brief dig about but couldnt locate the fuses above the relays whilst in the drivers seat.

Its this one...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48716[/ATTACH]

Edited by RW1

^ Got it in one! On mine the fuse is located just above the 53 relays as appose to next to it but sure enough it was burnt out. New fuse = no problems! Thanks guys.