captainredeye

Fuel pipe alternative

Going off to santa pod for the weekend and was about to wash the car then noticed strong smell off fuel, the fuel filter has a leak where the rubber has perished on the engine side of the filter.

the soft rubber pipe that connects to the hard rubber pipe via a a metal sleeve is this all one part?

Here is a picture of said pipe, i was planning on cutting it down first in the hope it would solve the problem.

My concern is if i cant repair and the pipes cant be separated i will have to reroute the lot.

Cheers Ben

Edited by captainredeye

Going off to santa pod for the weekend and was about to wash the car then noticed strong smell off fuel, the fuel filter has a leak where the rubber has perished on the engine side of the filter.

the soft rubber pipe that connects to the hard rubber pipe via a a metal sleeve is this all one part?

Here is a picture of said pipe, i was planning on cutting it down first in the hope it would solve the problem.

My concern is if i cant repair and the pipes cant be separated i will have to reroute the lot.

Cheers Ben

Yes it is one complete part upto the engine bay. it runs through hole in the chassis and ends in engine bay where it re-attaches to rubber fuel hose. Mines leaking slighty on the part where the metal and plastic pipe meet.I cant get them for a g60 but maybe you can get them for VR6. Dont think theres any difference...might take look in the dealers tomorrow

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

i think you can seperate them but you have to destroy the metal crimp and the rubber pipe to get it off.Then you could put a spring clip on a new piece of rubber pipe on the plastic connection.but id see if you could buy whole pipe first

I cut short the rubber pipe to the fuel filter and solved that problem, i want to replace the whole lot now just for peace of mind the two rubber pipes connecting to the fuel rail are still available and cost £95 genuine parts but hell thats expensive.

The two hard pipes the blue and the black that run under the car are now obsolete does any one have a suitable alternative they would recommend?

just very carefully slice the metal crimp that compresses the rubber pipe to the plastic then peel it open - its only a compression seal, then replace the rubber pipe - wit iirc 7mm - fuel pipe from halfords using a proper fuel clamp fixing which compresses evenly.

i replaced all my fuel pipes this way, no leaks and peace of mind.