yacobwood

Very Annoying Insurance

Seems insurance on a Modified Corrado for a 22 year old is a laugh :(

Adrian Flux £1200

Chris Knott Wont Insure (third year running)

Brentacre have to be 25

Every comparison site says £1000+

Only decent people around are Admiral quoting £792

I hate this time of year :(

Aright pal, have you tried Greenlight? Im 23 and mine had some basic mods, think they go through a section of LV+ and its one of those modified policy. Mine was about £750 i think last month. You can get a quote over the net, but have to wait a day or two and log back on before it will show you a price, or just try ringing.

Ive just played it safe and gone with admiral for another year. The price has been creeping up every time i refreshed the past few days. So thought it best to just go ahead with it. Quite pleased it wasn't £1200 as that is ridiculous!!

Was goign to mention greenlight too. I tried all the places you tried. HIC wouldnt budge on my renewal, which was £830 same as year before. Greenlight - i got it for £600 over the monthly payments.

Count yourself lucky... I'm 29 and I've just been quoted £1350 by Admiral - that's with 5 years NCB, licence for 11 years, one non-fault accident and 8000 annual miles. Goes down to £900 when I add the missus, even though she is younger, has less no claims and has points.

Absolutely mental.

did min a month ago

previously i had just changed my policy for the remaining few months from my old golf VR6 to the G60... was about £150 more for the last 5 months..

got my quote with all work declared £477 fully comp :thumbleft:

was actually quite shocked as i have had 3 points on it aswell now... suppose it is just luck as to what you get quoted

had had it before where i get one quote then phone the same insurer and speak to a different operator and get a completely different figure

29 euro a month protected no-cliams(used once this year on the nurburgring) for myself and the wife. The 225 ps 1.8t engine im dropping in the bay isnt going to cost me a cent extra!!!!!!! Result!!