Wild-Animal

KR problems starting when cold

Hey, I have a 16 valve KR engine and I am always having to turn the car over for 10 seconds before the car stuttuers to life. Even once it has been started it likes to dip its revs when its cold.The car runs perfectly once warm.

I have checked everywhere to see if there is something I have not tried!

I have

-new lift pump

-in line pump

-new accumulator

-new injectors

-fuel mixture has been set up to 2.0%

-fuel tank cleaned out

-new fuel filter

New dizzy-spark plugs-rotor arm

New earth cables

Battery is fairly new

Timing has been checked for the 3rd time

Ignition timing has been set up correctly

I have swapped the Isv for another but it would not allow the car to start so I swapped it back

Edited by Wild-Animal

I assume it runs OK when warm. Possible cause is the cold start injector. I found the easiest way to check is to take it off, 2 allen bolts, then get someone to crank the engine. When cold it should produce a nice even spray, when warm it doesn't.

It runs perfect once warm, thanks for the heads up about the cold start injector ! I will give a look at once the tail end of the hurrican weather passes, I have unplugged the cold start injector and had seen no affect.

Thanks !

Should have said to point the injector into a jar or bottle. Fine spray of petrol flying about the engine bay is not a good idea.

Okay I have got another

cold start injector still the same results,

I change the WUR for another same and again it never changed anything.

Any ideas ?

I checked all pipes for vacumn for leaks,found nothing, since it runs fine when its warm I would think the vacuum pipes are fine

I have adjusted the throttle body but due to that I now think its back firing as I hear a popping noise from the back off the car when I down shift and its using a lot of fuel.

I cant use the micro switch for the throttle as when it rest against the switch, it kills the revs warm or cold same results.

When the car starts up the revs are fine for 10 secs then the revs drop to about 200rpm and continue like that until the car has properly warmed up. Then it sits fine at 1000 rpm which is fine.

Does any one know what all the adjustments are for on the throttle body?