corrado2.016v

2.0 16v misfire?

hi guys just bought my 1st corrado, all good except a misfire when at idle and also driving :shrug: ,the misfire stops after 2,500 rpm

if anyone could direct me in the right way would be most appricated? :thumbleft:

Hello, I too have just come accross some problems with my 16v. If you can get it VAG-COM scanned it should tell you whats wrong. It's not easy trying to get the car to talk to the laptop but if you need any help I can try and point you in the right direction. Its all new to me also but so far i've found i have 3 faulty sensors that point to the bad idle and poor fuel economy.

Just a thought but is it hard to start once warmed up?

Welcome to the forum...

Misfires that go away at higher revs are usually electrical, have a good look at the HT leads (especially if original or cheap looking - BBT etc are awful!) - if you spray a mist or water over the engine in the dark you may see a few sparks.

New Leads, Plugs, cap and rotor arm would be a good idea if you have no history of them being changed recently - also look for oil leaks into the plug holes from a leaky cam cover gasket.

thanks guys, i will take to garge tomorrow to put the computer on it and see if anything comes up, it starts fine everytime warm or cold, the arm and dizzy cap looks new to be honest and it looks like its had new ht leads except 1 ( 3 have been changed but left 1 old ?) and the ht leads that have been replaced are cheap looking( havnt got a make or anything on them) could this be a good reason why its runnig like it is, im guessing it is ?

i hope so dude :) i kno people like that annoy me :bonk: il let u kno anyway guys thanks for your help

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

i can also take 2 ignition leads off and it makes no difference to the idle ? shouldnt it cut out?

thanks guys, i will take to garge tomorrow to put the computer on it and see if anything comes up, it starts fine everytime warm or cold, the arm and dizzy cap looks new to be honest and it looks like its had new ht leads except 1 ( 3 have been changed but left 1 old ?) and the ht leads that have been replaced are cheap looking( havnt got a make or anything on them) could this be a good reason why its runnig like it is, im guessing it is ?

When buying new HT Leads for the valvers the end needs to be removed to allow the knock reference sensor to slide onto the lead. At a guess whoever decided to replace the leads just decided that was too much work for them! If you have a mix of old and cheap leads, could be a start!

Edited by ben_wooduk
Wrong Sensor!