soul

Newbie from wigan

Just aquired a 95 VR6 requires a few things doing to it but I am using it daily.

Previously owned a corrado 2 ltr 16v for 12 years, super car but let it go after 250k miles with some serious engine problems.

Hopefully I can get plenty of advice and tips about the VR6.

Cheers Neil (soul)

Hi Neil

Sent you a PM to keep your thread tidy.

There's plenty of help and advice on this ere' forum. You'll find most things covered. And if you don't, then just ask.

Now let's have some pictures.

Congrats

James

Some bits of the cream interior are worn especially the steering wheel and drivers seat, I am looking to refurb or replace in time.

I am a bit wary of using the sun roof, how easy is it to close if I slide it back but it won't slide shut after. I opened it a few days ago and it diden't slide back, started to look into moving it manual and a day later it went back automatically using the central locking, any ideas?

Cheers

Neil

Could be the mechanism is worn/dirty and/or a tired motor. I'd personally not use the sunroof until fixed. If the sliders are clogged up, they can put extra strain on the cables, until one of them snaps.

It's a fiddly, but not impossible job. Take all the sunroof unit out. Clean/degrease it all. Put back together with a light lube. If it's still slow then replace the motor. It's probably overdue a strip down/clean by now anyway.

You can manually close the sunroof on some motors. Check the back of the motor for an allen key hole. Rotating that should see it close.

Thanks James

I won't use the sun roof untill I have time to service it properly.

I contacted ashleyjamesautotrim about the worn steering wheel ,l I got their name form an earlier post of yours, can you recommend them.

I can thoroughly recommend them. The craftsmen they have working there are first class.

If I was to critique them slightly, it would be that they are always booked solid and as such some of the jobs can drag on a little. But to look at it another way, If they are always busy, then they are always in demand !

They usually have a stand at the NEC classic car show. Or why not give them a ring and call across to see their work.