drewbar

Which cars used wired speedo rather than cable?

Hey guys, Im looking to do a corrado clock swap into my mk2 golf 20v, I need a set of clocks that run a wired speedo ideally from a 4 cylinder car to make getting the rev counter to work easier. I need to know which cars came with these though :)

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Upto early 92 used cable drive,the changeover happened mid 91. Only early G60s and valvers had them

iv got a 20v in an early rado and cant work the rev counter out, i think jabba sport do a signal converter but never checked! i was considering a 52mm universal jobby that i could mount next to the boost and temp. i had trouble with the temp guage aswell, it was either full heat or off so used a universal one!

iv got a 20v in an early rado and cant work the rev counter out, i think jabba sport do a signal converter but never checked! i was considering a 52mm universal jobby that i could mount next to the boost and temp. i had trouble with the temp guage aswell, it was either full heat or off so used a universal one!

I believe(not 100% sure) that theres a diode to the rev counter that you can bridge to get rev counter working or just buy signal converter from jabba.black temp sender wired to the display with give you correct temp