Danwalker

Any help please

Hi,

I recently rescued a 1.8 16 valve from a shed where its been sat from 2006. It hasn't moved since then but i bought it as a restoration project. I have already identified a dead fuel pump as the reason it wouldn't start (intank pump is fine, its the other one) and was wondering what else major i shoud be looking at. Also the drivers door handle doesn't work. Anyone got any ideas of a quick fix for this i.e. bodge it till i can get a new one? Typical corrado problem.

Plus does, anyone have a driver's seat they want to sell?! And any ideas about how to get the spoiler to go down would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Dan

i think the whole forum is dedicated to things to be looking out for or issues with rados lol.

quick bodge for the handle, remove it.

Welcome and good luck mate

To get the spoiler down, open the boot and pop off the large piece of plastic trim covering the base of the hatch (just need a posi screwdriver - be careful not to mangle the stupid plastic screws it's held on with) - you should then see in the middle a plastic "T" bar which you can use to wind the spoiler back down with :)

Even VW knew it'd fail eventually ;)

ha ha done that already lol its just anoying me that i cant fix it going to have a go at making a replacement for the broken bit at work.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

cheers mate ill have a go at that tomorrow how does the switch control it is it fixable or is it up or down from now on lol

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

To get the spoiler down, open the boot and pop off the large piece of plastic trim covering the base of the hatch (just need a posi screwdriver - be careful not to mangle the stupid plastic screws it's held on with) - you should then see in the middle a plastic "T" bar which you can use to wind the spoiler back down with :)

Even VW knew it'd fail eventually ;)

sorry new to forums too lol the er ill have a go at that etc was in reply to you lol.Cheers Dan

Hi

I'm breaking a 16v .so if you need any parts give me a shout

thanks rod

Cheers ill probably be in touch soon lol what year is the one your breaking also what colur is the interior. Cheers Dan

Hi, its a 1990, the door trims & pillar trims are grey,but the seats are black & dark grey from a late vr6.i do have a good pair of black front door panels as well.

let me know if you need any bits

Thanks rod

Hi, its a 1990, the door trims & pillar trims are grey,but the seats are black & dark grey from a late vr6.i do have a good pair of black front door panels as well.

let me know if you need any bits

Thanks rod[/quote

hi have you got the fuel pump asembely with the accumulator etc mines dead. also should the idle stabilizer buzz its head off when ignition is on???.

Cheers Dan