rubberdubber

VR6 weitec lowering woes

hi all

bought a set of weitec 40mm lowering springs for my 92 vr6, fitted them yesterday and rather than a 40mm drop i seem to have a all the way to the floor drop on the rear! everything is standard apart from the springs. gotta be wrongly boxed and the wrong springs surely??

e410240c.jpg

ce460dce.jpg

0597ba8d.jpg

c6dc4182.jpg

Looks about right imo. I thought you were going to say the fronts as the lighter fronted valvers and G60 have different spring rating on the front and sometimes the wrong spring is supplied for the VR, so it drops it to the floor.

Again imo i dont think that looks too bad. DId you measure from floor to arch before and after?

By the way its not advised to put lowered springs on standard shocks as you'll wear the shocks out quicker.

have got a couple better pictures, the pearlesant one is the vr6 with 40mm weitec springs

the blue one is my valver with 60mm springs.

vr6 is far too low at the back, looks like ive got a fat bird on board! ha! both cars have same size wheels and tyres. the springs are almost completely compressed also which cant be good...

888d5635.jpg

d0d60ee8.jpg

ah that sucks man, i wouldnt be happy with that,the front is only going to rise more when you accelerate,i brought the weitec hicon gt adjustable coilovers and they turned out to be prety good, did you buy the springs new? or secondhand?

looks awful dosent it, i bought them brand new off demon tweeks shop on ebay, will see if they will have them back. definately not right. aww well take the struts out, put the struts back in, in, out, in, out and ..... :)

The weitec rear shocks have a positional sping plate so that you can raise and lower the rear of the car slightly. Yours are probably set at the lowest setting ( I hink there are 3 or 4 height settings).

oh rite so the weitec springs are only gona work with weitec shocks, would have been nice of them to say when i bought them. nevermind getting some new shocks and springs on tuesday so the weitec ones can go back