Tristan H

few irritating problems... dash related.

My MFA display isn't illuminated , unlike the odometer display , it's a minor annoyance but bugs me all the same .

Also , The illumination to the LHS of the heater controls is gone , and worse still , The knob for the airflow direction isn't doing anything , just spinning freely .

Lastly , the cover over the handbrake , every time I pull the lever , I have to click it back down .

Anyone any tips for repairs? In particular how to get the clocks , and heater controls out?

Edited by Tristan H

The MFA display is probably a bulb. Check out the link above for early clocks. Later are different. There are 6 bulbs IIRC, 3 at the top, 3 at the bottom. You have to take the clocks out to change. They just twist 90 degrees and lift out. Replacements from VW- they're around £4-5 ea!

Try the search for heater controls- you'll have to take them apart. Been covered loads.

Do you mean the handbrake handle, or the plastic part that fits behind the handle? If it's the plastic, sounds like its cracked. You can still get the plastic in black and handles are also available.

excellent , perfect.

Try the search for heater controls- you'll have to take them apart. Been covered loads.

Do you mean the handbrake handle, or the plastic part that fits behind the handle? If it's the plastic, sounds like its cracked. You can still get the plastic in black and handles are also available.

I found the thread on the surround , not the actual piece behind it . I t just seems a bit flimsy?

re the heater controls , I must have used the wrong search terms , will try again!