adam164

Hello from a newcomer

Having ummed and ahhed for nigh on an eternity, I've just took the plunge and purchased a tidy 2.0 16v Corrado from a sound guy from Wrexham.

It's a dark burgundy pearl with 119,000 on the clock. Has a few little niggles (The world's worst immobiliser being one), but nothing that my adequate spanner man can't/won't be able to sort out!:thumbleft:

It's in for a Clifford Concept 650 on Friday along with an Alpine bluetooth CD/MP3 player & a full JL Audio component front build.

Then to look at changing the alloys. I don't mind them, but the seller & mechanic hate them!

I'll post some pics tomorrow, weather permitting

Thanks

Adam

Hi mate!

Have u got a massive grin on your face after driving around ?

Oh yes!

Sat so low down, cruising at ahem, 70 mph on the way back, very nice!

Just a bit rich on the fuel air mixture & a rattling exhaust mount are the only (Minor) gripes. Oh and that immobiliser :scratch:

Hopefully these niggles will be ironed out shortly.

And I forgot how heavy the power steering is compared to the missus' 207.

sThey are great aren't they. They just look so different to modern cars. I love coming back to mine when it's parked between a couple of 4x4's or modern euro boxes. It's so low and unusual in comparison. Have fun with it and welcome to the forum. The forum is just a big a part of ownership as the actual cars. There's plenty of advice here and it's a very friendly place to be.

Edited by Portent

Have fun with it and welcome to the forum. The forum is just a big a part of ownership as the actual cars. There's plenty of advice here and it's a very friendly place to be.

Oh, I will have fun, just as I did driving home last night!

Being the impatient type & the car running a tad lumpy, is there any advice on getting the air/petrol mixture right? Anyone in Manchester willing to undertake the said task?!

Great to see another happy corrado owner, just got my first one in june and i'm always looking for an excuse to go out and drive.

Just had mine (2l 16v) running rough and rich, check the oxygen sensor connection. It's on the engine mount down the back of the left side, mine was green and corroded but a quick clean sorted all the problems.

Welcome to C ownership and the forum. Glad to hear you're enjoying your rado so far - over 6 years of ownership hasn't stopped me from grinning every time I go for a drive :D Where are those pics?!!