emu

Aloy crack pipe VR6

Are they the ones from Voodoo? (link doesn't work for me - just because I have no E38 account?) I bought one of theirs and it wasn't a gruvenparts one - the flanges are tapped, not welded. It was all bundled up in bubblewrap so I didn't find out until I got home! :mad2:

Stone

Are they the ones from Voodoo? (link doesn't work for me - just because I have no E38 account?) I bought one of theirs and it wasn't a gruvenparts one - the flanges are tapped, not welded. It was all bundled up in bubblewrap so I didn't find out until I got home! :mad2:

Stone

Yep, its the Voodoo one, maybe not so good then! here's a pic from the link

Yep, that's a gruvenparts one - mine was like this (apologies for crap pic):

crackpipe.jpg

The pipe flange and drain valve are just (badly) tapped straight into the pipe so there's swarf coming off the inside - compared to the gruvenparts one which has the female thread welded to the pipe. If you drained the system a couple of times you'd probably strip the thread out, at which point the whole pipe would be worthless. That's if you could get the drain out in the first place, mine is jammed in place :mad: I'd steer well clear!

In fact, they showed me an (unwrapped) gruvenparts one while handing me my one and said 'that's what they're like'. I hesitate to say they did it deliberately, but that's a classic bait and switch...

Stone

Edited by Stonejag