Alex_G60_Fanatic

Drivers seat on the passenger side....

hi there!

I love my drivers seat... it's wicked. Especially with the new foam I've popped in the drivers side bolster. I realy like the OEM standard seats for their comfort on long runs.

However the passenger side although mostly comfortable is far to high... most of my friends and my GF are quite tall and it's hard for them not to hit their head all the time. This is mainly because unlike the drivers side seat the passenger seat doesn't adjust up and down with the lever.

My question is, can you fit the drivers side mech to a passenger seat? You'd need to keep the seat so that the handles are on the right side to lift the seat back but the mechanisum from a drivers seat? would it fit onto the seat correctly and would it fit into the passenger seat well correctly? :scratch:

They should both adjust mate on all Corrado's

Only Golf's that don't.

My passenger seat DEFIANTLY doesn't have a handle to adjust the height... could it be that I have a mk2 golf seat in my car?

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

or maybe the handle broke! oooo oooo! I'm going to go have a look again tonight! exciting stuff!

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

thanks btw ;)

Passenger seats definitely should have a lever to adjust the height, but they come off pretty easily, as far as I can remember they are held onto the mechanism with just a small screw that seems to have a habit of working itself loose and then bye bye handle. I think i might have a spare one somewhere if you cant find yours? However you can still adjust the height without it. just feel around for a thin flat piece of metal on the opposite side to the 'forwards - backwards' lever and push it up.

You'd know if way a MK2 seat - completley different...

I am a little bit of a corrado retard though... i might have been driving round on a mk2 drivers seat for the past 2 years knowing me!

I think i might have a spare one somewhere if you cant find yours? However you can still adjust the height without it. just feel around for a thin flat piece of metal on the opposite side to the 'forwards - backwards' lever and push it up.
I'll see if i can find it. I might be interested in the handle depending on what i find! ;)

On mine the metal bar that the handle attaches to broke where the screw go through it. I currently have a pair of mini mole grips permanently attached. Quite fetching in chrome actually. Note to self, must fix it properly some day.

Lol found the lever... Learn something new every day! Looks like it just needs a new handle. :D

Stevef182- you still ok to give me your spare one??

Sent from my iPhone you lemon!

If i can find it, sure. I have a bag of trim bits that i will have a look through. If there is still one there its yours.