jaicaneso

Newbie from HAWAII!!!! ^__^

Hello! I've been wanting a corrado for a while now and I think im ready to take that leap.

I found one that looks promising, with a little work. The thing is, I really dont know to much about these cars, but ive been reading like crazy.:bonk:

here is the one Ive been looking at. http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/2631589317.html

he states the problems and I was wondering how much it would take to fix it. :shrug:*remember i am a newbie so dont tease me lol*

thank you so much!! :cool:

Welcome! It looks like a good project- first thing I'd do is ditch the cone filter- G60s don't like cotton filters at all!

Cotton filters allow tiny particles through which will cause premature wear on the G charger.

A stock air box with OEM paper filter is best for stopping this...

I do believe there is a thread on this somewhere

ok got it. But what about the problems he stated at the bottom? oil getting in water? and a new radiator hose? and..the drivers door wont unlock...How much will you guys think this will run me? :scratch:

Firstly welcome.... The oil/water heat exchanger is a known weak point on these cars. It's a common G60 modification to get rid of this and replace it with a standalone oil cooler. You also need to use (thinks back into deepestes darkest memories) a MkI golf coolant hose to join up the bits where the heat exchanger went. There will be thread on here about it, which will give more specifics. Basically you'll need a Mocal oil cooler or something similar and the relevent pipework. Easily doable yourself if you have some mechanical skill - rough guess for the parts $200-300.

Thanks! $2-300!? nice! ok ill do more research on the forum. Thank you thank you! :dance: ALOHA!

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

damn..ok. so I read the "rules of Corrado"http://sites.google.com/site/corradoproject/rules-of-corrado. Is all that true? because I was looking for a daily driver..if it cant be one then i wont get one :(