TanVr6

Help with rear bushes and rear brakes

Hi guys

My C is up for MOT in less than 2 weeks,

And I've been told that rear bushes are almost gone plus rear brakes/calipers are seized.

Any recommendations?

Iv been told to get the TT rear bushes

And rear brake upgrades to mk4 or Audi a3 rear setup?

Any advice n help welcome!

Thanks.

Do you mean rear beam bushes or rear (front) wishbone bushes??

On the axle just fit standard VW items, it's the wishbone ones that you can fit the TT / R32 / LCR items

Rear brakes - Audi A3 is the same as MK4 Golf, you need Calipers from a car with non-vented discs plus conversion hoses from Goodridge.

Supercharged, if changing wishbone rear bushes (which I understand are the ones that often fail etc, especially with lowered suspension?) would you recommend changing anything else at the same time?

Supercharged, if changing wishbone rear bushes (which I understand are the ones that often fail etc, especially with lowered suspension?) would you recommend changing anything else at the same time?

Yeah, depending on what's been done in the last 5 years I would think about getting new wishbones and bottom ball joints too...

If you can though I would hit as much as you can in that area like track rod ends, top mounts, shocks and wheel bearings etc as you'll be paying for 4 wheel allignment.

I did pretty much everything on mine 5 years ago as I got fed up with pattern parts failing... around 60k miles later everything is still ok and handles like it's on rails!

Yes following my last post I wrote down what ideally I would like to change pre alignment and the list got quite long.

Am definitely going to do ball joints, top mounts were done very recently when I changed the suspension - was considering track rod ends but wasnt sure on wheel bearings!

I had everything Supercharged mentioned changed earlier in the year and the difference it made was immense. Completely changed the car.

Just great!

Stealth has jus told me that both rear axle bushes and wishbone bushes need doing!

And a gearbox mount

Almost 482 to get done Inc parts and TT bushes for the rear wishbone

Just great!

Stealth has jus told me that both rear axle bushes and wishbone bushes need doing!

And a gearbox mount

Almost 482 to get done Inc parts and TT bushes for the rear wishbone

Just think how well it will drive afterwards!

If Vince says 'they need doing' then they are probably shot to bits!

If the rear bushes turn into the job they did for me then you will end up replacing the brake bias regulator and all rear brake pipes , oh and you'll probably end up blasting and powder coating your axle while its off the car too !!

If £482 is a guaranteed quote then i would snap his hand off mate, seems very fair.

Sorry for the stupid question.

But what would the purpose be of powder coating the axle?

Oh and would you go for the Vibra Technics gearbox mount? Or is it pointless n not much of a difference?

It is a weekend car n a night time Predator!!!