Sign in to follow this  
20valver

16v to VR6

Yeah thats definetly the way to go, drop a G60 straight in. It only took my brother and I 2 days to get the 16v out and the G60 in and spinning away. And you could strip the G60 down first and replace all the consumables first too. It will be cheaper to do that in the long run.

The new owner took delivery of my G60 last night. And I followed him up the road in my new VR6. That was the first time I'd ever really seen my G60 driving on the road, it sounded ace! And it was good to hear the new owners coments after his first real burn. I'm going to miss the G60 but the VR6 is more of a luxury cruiser.

If you go for the G60 into 16v swap i'm sure you wont be disapointed.

I get impressioj you dont like my g60 roddy :)

Its kinda max power in a tame way, and too loud..but it pulls well and seems to have good boost.

dont hate it ;)

you've lost me there munkay.....how do you think i don't like your g-60???

as far as i know the only criticsm i've made about it is the toooooo LOUD exhaust and those cheesy wiper blades

although i wouldn't swap my storm for any other Corrado(well maybe a campaign and cash :wink: ) i really think a modded g-60 is what i should have went for in the beginning

Right I have got a mate to look over the engine, and he says that it seems to be spot on. However the guy offering the conversion has never attempted this type of conversion before, and clearly was not aware of the parts required to do the conversion proper. He attitude also seemed to be, 'not sure, see when we do it.....' which didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

So I think it is back to plan B, sell it and get a run about until I find a mint low mileage G60. Then I can get PD to work some magic, and should be onto a winner! :lol:

So if anyone knows of a minter on sale or going on sale let me know. Not bothered about travelling for the right car either.

BTW...what's involved in transplanting a G60 engine into a 1.8 16V? Do they use the same mounts, loom etc?