Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

G60 oil temp

Just curious,

What are the average running temps of a G60 in std form & is it very different when modded?

Thanks

Dan

mine was running anything between 100 and 112 when standard, after i'd had it breathed on it still run around 100 but will rise to up to 116 (so far) - and i desperatley need to change my oil!! was running magnatec, but oil light came on about 1/2 hour after having it chipped, and that was with relatively new oil!! just cant be RS'd (scuse the pun mate! :D ) to change it at the mo!

My G60 is all standart and the oil temperature is always between 90ºC and 98ºC on normal driving. When i go to the highway at high speed 200km/h it goes up to 115ºC. Remember that i live in hotter country... 8)

remember that as boost goes up so does the temperatures. I see temps around 95-105 in my g60 when i drive it really hard, but its not standart at all, Im pushing boost levels from 15-18psi and i also have an oil cooler.

Mine runs around 116 degrees once warmed up.

Slightly modified 8) - although I don't think that made any difference at all to the oil temps.

I doubt boost levels, etc will make any difference whatsoever to the oil temp :roll:

was running magnatec, but oil light came on about 1/2 hour after having it chipped, and that was with relatively new oil!! just cant be RS'd (scuse the pun mate! :D ) to change it at the mo!

LOL!

I had the oil light problem your talking about there, I switched to thicker oil and it seams to have sorted it out. Top end sounds better as a result of it as well I think.

Mine running about 115-120 when driving hard.

I have an oil cooler to fit, but have been waiting for the better weather.

When I fit the oil cooler, do I have to use any kind of gaskets on the sandwich plate?

When I fit the oil cooler, do I have to use any kind of gaskets on the sandwich plate?

There should be a rubber gasket/O-ring on one face of the plate, and then the oil filter has the other seal built into it... 8)

(the O-ring side of the plate goes up onto the filter head! ;) )

There should be a rubber gasket/O-ring on one face of the plate, and then the oil filter has the other seal built into it... 8)

(the O-ring side of the plate goes up onto the filter head! ;) )

Cheers!

Thanks again Henny! 8)